Drake’s recent interview on Tidal’s Rap Radar podcast has been buzzing across airways for the last 24hrs
Here are some takeaways from the 2hr 20min interview
– Drake credits 50cent ‘21 Questions’ and Kanye West’s ‘808’s & Heartbreak’ for inspiring him to sing
– Drake doesn’t feel he appropriates culture despite be accused of appropriation he says “Appropriating is taking it for your own personal gain and denying that it was ever inspired from this. That’s the true disservice that somebody could do to the UK, to dancehall, to afrobeats. Me, I’ve always… I ensure that not only paying all due respects verbally but… I make it a point to give opportunity”
– Drake feels his two classic albums are ‘So Far Gone’ and ‘Take Care’
– Drake confirms despite accusations of Quentin Miller writing his raps, he does not, and has never, used a ghost writer
– Drake confirmed once again he has no desire to mend the feud with Pusha T or Kanye West
– Drake admits he had a brief moment of hesitation to work with Chris Brown again due to relationship with Rihanna
– Drake admitted his biggest regret in the entire fiasco regarding The Weekend was that they missed the opportunity to give the fans something they really wanted with an album and tour but he has hopes that they can still do so soon.
– Drake no longer has any ties legally to Young Money/Cash Money aside from respect and loyalty
– Drake is taking his time making his next album stating “I’ll go like three weeks in between making songs, just because like i’m just kind of enjoying life. I’m enjoying living, going out with people. Investing in personal connections, and it’s just making my music better”
Watch the full interview below now.